Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Firs big exam in fundamentals

I worked 12 hour shifts all weekend, and met my friend Meredith at the Bowling alley/bar for a quick rehash of the test material.  It helped a lot. We both ended up getting 23/25 points on our first test. That was a 92%. We also both got A's on our first Pharmacy test.  I cried because I was so happy.

Today was our first skills check off test. The assignment was on blood pressures.  I felt very confident. I have been practicing non-stop. I have been in the skills lab every day. I felt really really good about the test today. Once I got into the actual room with my partner and the instructor I couldn't seem to hear anymore. I asked for a repeat after the first round because I let my valve go too fast. The second time was a little better but I really should have asked for one more round.  I got the top number dead on, but the bottom number was off . I made the mistake of releasing after the last tone I heard, which was 84 and the instructor said that was too soon.

I have one more shot to get it right or I fail the class.  I'm a nervous wreck but I will get it. I'm not going to cry about it. It's a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment